In order to keep and maintain this facility for public use, each person/group must adhere to the following use policies, as well as all other conditions set forth in the Facility Rental Agreement.
PLANNING FOR YOUR RENTAL
- You can only access the house during the hours that you have rented OR for full day rentals as well as Friday – Sunday and Holidays, after 9 a.m. for cleaning purposes.
- It is our obligation under ADA guidelines to inform you that THE STONE HOUSE IS NOT HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE.
- Power is limited to a 20 amp circuit. Do not plug in coffee pots, crock pots or anything that will draw a lot of power.
- Plumbing in the house is old and nothing other than toilet paper should be flushed down the toilets.
- Available tables and chairs are limited (35 chairs, 15 tables of varying size). May bring in a rental equipment vendor of your choice for additional equipment.
- There is a small compact kitchen with a compact refrigerator, a sink and limited counter space.
- No cooking is allowed in the building.
- Alcoholic beverages (other than beer) require an Alcohol Permit.
- No resale of food, beverages or other products will be authorized without special permission of the City of Lakewood, and copies of all appropriate City, State or County licenses must be on file with your rental agreement.
- Stone House is a “No Smoking” facility.
- No rice, birdseed or confetti is allowed.
- You may bring propane grills to use on the patio. No charcoal grills are allowed.
- Staked tents may not be used within the fenced area.
- There is no reserved parking for private rentals. All parking is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please pick up the key from the Community Resources Department at the City of Lakewood between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. If your reservation is for Friday evening, Saturday or Sunday, you must pick up the key on Friday. You may return the key to the City offices anytime during open hours the business day following your rental.
- The Stone House is monitored by a security system directly connected to the Lakewood Police Department. You will have to disarm/arm the system using instructions provided upon your reservation.
- If the services of a watchman are required, the City of Lakewood will not assume the responsibility for arrangements. The renter shall assume any and all costs for such services.
- Do not drive on the lawn to unload any equipment.
- Music must stay within reasonable noise levels and not be disruptive to neighboring areas.
- Report any noted damages immediately: CRinfo@Lakewood.org.
- An appropriate deduction from your damage deposit will be made if the building or grounds are left in such condition that excessive cleanup time is required.
- Take down and remove any chairs, lights, decorations, etc. that you’ve put up.
- Return facility’s chairs and tables to their original locations.
- Clean sink area.
- Use only a soft broom to sweep the floors.
- Place trash in barrels outside of the building.
- Turn down the thermostat to 55 degrees in winter; turn off air conditioning in the summer.
- Shut and lock all windows; leave shades up.
- Lock doors; activate alarm system; exit and lock front door.
Thank you for helping keep the Stone House a beautiful place for all to enjoy.